getting-startedYour First day
adminadding new usersApplication FormAssigning custom metricsApplication Process Setupcreating a new metricDesign email templatesNav External LinksStartup EvaluationStyle customizationCreating a ProgramAssigning Program to StartupAssigning users to programsCreating Milestones Plan TemplatesCreate TagsCustom FieldsCustom fieldsData Collection ProcessFeedback RequestSending EmailsTransactional EmailsTurning off core metrics
Custom Fields - User and Startup profiles
Learn how to customize fields for each startup and user profile
The Custom Fields feature allows a greater level of personalization. You can decide on the fields that will go on startup and user profiles.
Visualizing and editing your fields
To access Custom Fields, navigate to Setup, and then click on Custom Fields. From this page, you will see an overview of the profile fields for startups and users: labels, field types, assignations, and visibility of each field.
To edit these fields select whether you want to edit the startup profiles or the user profile by choosing the right tab. Once in the right tab, click on the button
Open Editor on the top right corner of the section. The editing of custom fields follows the same logic as that of the forms.
- To add a field, select a field type from the right and drag and drop them into place on your profile canvas.
- To remove a field simply click on the garbage icon on the right of the field you wish to remove.
- To change the order of the field drag and drop the field you want to move to the right location.
- To add or modify the name of a field simply click on the name portion and type your selected name.
- To add validation on the answers to that field click on Add validation/restriction rules for this question and then select the validation you want to add.
- To add a description click on + Add Description and type in the information you want to add. This will help your user better understand what you are asking for in this field.
- To make a field required click on the required switch on the top left side of the question once you added it on the profile canvas.
If you have made some questions required in your profile canvas the users who have to fill them will receive an automated task to that effect. The users will not be able to make the task as complete manually; it will auto-complete once they have filled all required fields in their profile.
Assignation of fields
Each field can be assigned to different users or different startups based on a few options.
User profile assignment
You may add a custom field to only selected user roles. To do so turn on the assignment mode while in User Profile editing to view these options on all the fields you have added to your profile canvas.
From Appears on you will be able to select the user roles for which this field will apply. Select all the user roles that will be assigned to this field.
Startup profile assignment
You may add a custom field to only selected startups based on their program assignation. To do so turn on the assignment mode while in the Startup Profile editing to view these options on all the fields you have added to your startup canvas. Selecting none will apply to all user roles.
From there you will be able to select the programs for which this field will apply. Select all the programs that will be assigned to this field. Selecting none will apply to all startups.
Publishing a new version of the fields
Before publishing this version, you can preview the fields by clicking the button
Once you are done with the editing save and then publish your canvas by clicking on the green
Save and then the blue
Publish buttons which are located on the top right of your screen.
Your users will receive a notification to update their information:
Once those fields published, the various users will be able to update them and you will be able to visualize this information on the profile accessible from the Community page as well as their files.
The startup files are accessible via the Startup Portfolio page and once in the file of the startup click on Company Info.