Creating an application funnel
Learn how to create your application funnel and selection process in AcceleratorApp
To successfully create an application funnel, you'll need to have the forms that you will be using already created. This is done by navigating through Setup Menu > Forms then clicking the blue
Create New Form. Once your form is completed, make sure it has the blue published banner.
In the left side menu, navigate to Applications and Funnels. Click the blue +
Add Application Funnel on the top left to create a new one.
You will now be on the funnel setting page. The selections here will apply to the entire funnel. Your first choice is to select the type of category. You can choose
Startup when startups or projects are applying and
Community Member for those not yet associated with a startup or project.
The name of the service people will apply to is the name of the funnel and will appear to the applicant as "You are applying for [Name]" when creating their account.
Select the application Form is where you choose a previously created Application form that the applicants to this funnel will use.
The re-apply option is where you can allow candidates to reapply, always after a period of time or on a specific date.
Deadline date is where can set the exact date and time to close automatically the application funnel, no new applications will be received, and those that are still in draft status will also be archived.
The next page is a step-by-step guide to help you create your funnels. You can add and configure new rounds as you progress; additionally, you can directly edit assets such as emails.
Step 1: Beginning of an application. The candidate clicks on the "application link" to begin their application. The candidates enter their name, email, and password and click next.
An email that allows users to validate their account is triggered to the candidate's email. That email is customizable by you from the same page.
Step 2: The candidate fills out the application form you selected when creating the funnel. If you change your mind, you can always change the form here.
Application Submitted email is sent to the candidate's email address to let them know their application was submitted successfully. That email is customizable by you from the same page.
You can now add the selection rounds and customize the steps in each.
Add Round to create a new selection round in your process. Each round allows you to have evaluation steps and take an accept or reject decision. When you accept an application from a selection round, the applicant moves to the following selection round, where they will be evaluated based on the setting of that next round. If you reject the candidate, the application is rejected and will not continue to the following selection rounds.
When you accept an application from the last round, they will be officially accepted into your organization. From the acceptance modal, you will select the program(s) the candidate was accepted into and which tag(s) are best associated with this candidate.
Each round can be adapted to your needs by adding an action or an evaluation step.
Actions refer to the instructions email per round. If you add the action,
send email an instruction email will be generated and automatically sent to applicants when they are moved into this round.
Add a form; if you add this step, applicants will have to fill an additional form when they proceed into this round.
Add a meeting; if you add this step, you can:
- Pre-assign the interviewers and select the individual(s) whose availability will be shown to the applicant. If the host has sufficient availability, the invitation will be sent automatically to applicants to choose the availability of their choice and book the meeting. If the interviewers don't have enough availability, you can add an automated action, send a
task,or send a
notificationto the interviewer to remind them to add availability.
- Assign interviewers later on a case-by-case basis. The funnel manager will select the interviewers from the application file. You can decide if you want to send a notification or task to the funnel manager to assign interviewers. Once an interviewer is set, the same process described above is triggered.
- Set the meetings for a specific period; it could be after a particular date or between particular dates.
- Add the meeting duration to select how much time they will book for the meeting.
- Customize all the meeting-related emails. There is a meeting invitation email sent to the applicant, and there are two confirmation emails; one sent to the applicant and the other sent to the host. You can customize the content and style of these emails as well.
Add an evaluation adding this step; you can:
- Select the form used to evaluate this candidate, allowing you to create your evaluation scoring system. From here, you can assign evaluation forms you have already created or create new ones. Each form can also be mapped to evaluation criteria allowing you to port this evaluation data to the assessment of the startup once and if accepted into your programs.
- Pre-assign evaluators with this option enabled; you will pre-assign the evaluators who will need to evaluate all applicants going through this round.
- Assign evaluators later; if you select this option, you will choose evaluators on a case-by-case basis. Select this option if you are not sure who will evaluate or if the evaluators will differ from startup to startup.
On the right side of your screen, you will find two tabs: 'overview' and 'settings'. The overview is where you can visualize the application funnel link and the summary of your application process. The settings is where you can visualize and change the core information of your funnel, such as the name of the funnel, reapply criteria and choose the funnel admins.
When you have chosen your setting for each round, hit the green button
Save and the funnel will be saved as a draft version. Click the blue-button
publish when you are ready to use the funnel and launch your application call.
Three toggles on each funnel can be switched between the option they offer.
active (blue) - archived (red)- active funnels can receive new applications while archived funnels cannot. Archiving a funnel will archive applications currently in draft mode and block their ability to submit while allowing you to continue evaluating applications that were already submitted.
Transparent process (blue) - Hidden selection process(red)- Transparent process funnels are open for the applicant - they can see the number of rounds, will be emailed when they are moved from one round to the next, and can see application tags they've been tagged with. Hidden selection process keeps the applicants in the dark until they've been accepted.
Accessible on main application page (blue) - Accessible by direct link only (red)- Accessible on main application page funnels can be found in the dropdown of your primary application page; your.url.com/application/new, while using the second option, the funnels can only be accessed via their direct link.
Also, on the right side of each funnel, you will find three icons that will let you edit, duplicate or delete the funnel.
Link to application is the link you will put on your website behind your
Apply button. Click it to copy. Open an incognito window in your browser and follow the link to see what your applicant will see. Go through the process by creating an account with a new email to test your work. If you need to edit the funnel, hit the
edit icon on the upper right.